Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blog Funk--Have I lost it?


I have noticed several things lately on my blog lately. Well, to start off, my followers have picked up a little bit. Yeah!!!! Thanks for joining Cluttered Brain!! I hope you will find me entertaining!! But comments have slacked. I know, I know, it is NOT about the numbers game, And you should just blog to have fun, but I am wondering why the lack of comments?

Is it because you people have SO MANY blogs that you are following...(like me?) and you don't have the time OR the effort to post a comment?

Is it because the last month before school lets out is pretty hectic? Ya know there are TONS of things going on, DARE graduations, pool parties, Field Days... to name a few. :))

I am thinking I should probably post a couple days a week. Like Monday, Wednesday and Friday, And lay off of Tuesday/Thursday if I can help it. I think if I post less, AND perhaps BETTER quality, I might get better feedback.

I'm new at blogging. Really. I've only been blogging since last year. I am not ULTRA- experienced like you people. Some people have MANY, many years on me. I may not be a local celebrity like Toni, or as as funny as Telling Dad, but I am funny. In my own spunky way, I make videos of myself to make others laugh, I blog about my life, my writing, my kids anything that comes to mind in my daily posts.

So I guess I'm asking you guys this:

1. Do you like my idea of cutting back to M, W, F posts and producing BETTER quality posts?
You might not hear much from me in a couple of days as I try very hard to write extremely well-written posts. Where's my blog editor when I need her?


2.  What do you want to know about me? What would you like to see more of?
I'm all ears, people, now is your time to tell me.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.


Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.


See ya around in Blog land!




Question mark image can be found at: http://www.democracycellproject.net/blog/archives/question_mark3.jpg

Boy at computer can be found at:
http://www.orble.com/abcimages/boy_computer.jpg




11 comments:

House Queen said...

I like you the way you are! But I totally understand what you mean...I have been feeling the same way. I know bloggers that make a post and within MINUTES have at least 30 comments! I hate to say it...but I am so jealous of that! DOn't know why...but I am... Oh well, I must not be clever or creative enough either!

Don't change a thing! Have a fabulous!!!

Cheeseboy said...

Hm, I am not sure.

I have a lot harder time commenting on Vlog posts for some reason, but I have no idea why.

I've also noticed the amount of comments I get on my posts is almost always tied to the amount of comments I am giving on other blogs.

Give a lot of comments = get a lot of comments.

Give few comments = get few comments.

I think you write terrific stuff. Just keep at it and the comments will come flowing in.

Tracie Nall said...

I've been hearing a lot of blogger mentioning less comments lately, so maybe it is something in the blog-world air?!

Some days I do read so many blogs that even when I read in my reader, I don't click through and comment on all of them.

If cutting down on your amount of posts makes you less stressed, then I say you should do it.

When you find that blog editor, feel free to send her my way! ;-) I could use a little inspiration and help these days!

Living the Scream said...

well I am new at the blog game so I rarely get comments! I am just trying to be consistent. We will see if that works :)

Erin said...

Boy, this is a doozy of a question, and one that I'm not sure I have an answer for! I have definitely been commenting less, simply from lack of time, and my comments are going way down. I don't mind, because I am not blogging simply to get comments. But I say just blog when you want, about what you want, and if you wanted to make some changes in how you blog and see what happens with the comments, it couldn't hurt! Then you could switch back if you wanted to. Good luck!

Wendy said...

I'm totally JEALOUS, of all the comments that some of the authors of blogs that I visit get. I don't know what the heck the deal is. And, you know I like you just how you roll. And you know that's about when I blog. A few times a week. Some weeks it seems to be everyday and other weeks it is way less.

I just depends on life, and what's been going on.

Living the Scream said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I loved seeing that tiny #1 lol I will say Hi at the CBC! I don't know anyone so i am nervous!!!

Kara said...

When I read your blog, I usually leave a comment -- but I am not a blog reader for the most part. Kind of odd since we have a blog, right?! LOL! I've noticed comments on our family blog come and go. And readers/ followers come and go. So, hang in there. Your posts are fun and I enjoy them. I just read back almost a month. :-) Have a great Friday!!

Matty said...

I think it's a combination of all you said and more. Life is so busy for everyone, and then there are the hundreds of blogs to read and comment, and our own posts to write. I barely have time for blogging anymore. If you follow hundreds of people as I do, and work full time, you just can't keep up. You might want to scale back on the posts and use that time for catching up with reading and commenting.

Expat Barbie said...

oh lady, i know how you feel.

now, admittedly, i give 'bad blog,' but still...

maybe the summer time makes for less blogging/commenting. who knows?

regardless, i love your blog -- and i will try to be a better 'follower.'

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

I usually only post three or four times a week because 1) I am just not physically able to do it more than than and 2) I find that gives more readers a chance to see each of my posts. So, I guess my answer is, quality over quantity = more comments for each post.

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Blessings,

Teresa <><

Related Posts with Thumbnails