That's what I thought. Everyone knows Scary Mommy. She is awesome. Anyblogpost, I was blog surfing today and came across her post today--and she wants us to write about what brings us joy.
Not only will this post that I am about to write bring me joy just by writing it, I could win a $1,000 Visa card or something like that. So here I go.
I am taking some time from my BUSY schedule and telling YOU what brings me joy. Okay? Listen up.
<------What brings me joy? Oh wait. This is serious. Okay.
Matthew does bring me joy when I look upon him but I am being serious. For reals.
Read on. If you can STOP looking at Matthew's butt...
Silence. Complete silence would bring me joy.
I don't normally get complete silence around here. *sigh* I have three beautiful girls--however they tend to make a lot of NOISE.
So silence it is. That brings me pure joy when I get it.
What do I do with myself when life is completely silent around me?
That doesn't happen very often. But if it did, I'd take a HOT bubble bath. I'd think about nothing, and when I was done I'd slip into bed and take a nap.
What else brings me joy?
Okay, let's go with the bullet system. It reads faster and you won't get bored...:) And yes, I posted these in NO particular order. But Silence indeed is #ONE. That is first. (But I talked about that one already.)
- Dr. Pepper. ('Cause let's face it, with all the lack of silence going on in the world, I have to HAVE some sanity.
- Chocolate. (Same deal. Chocolate helps me cope with the three rugrats screaming for no apparent reason at each other.)
- My children. (Yes, they do bring me joy too, when they are NOT screaming or asking for something.)
- My wonderful husband. (He puts up with me. I'm not perfect. But he still loves me. Marriage is HARD work, but we are still working at our bliss. I love you, husband of mine.)
- You. (There I said it. All of you bring me joy. My blog friends. My twitter followers. You comment. I read what you have to say. You tweet at me. I smile. I love you. My awesome friends. Thanks for being my friend.)
Anyone know how to silent three girls now?
I have to let you in on a little secret. Popsicles. Suckers. Treats. Feed them. When their mouths are FULL of food they cannot talk. Then throw them into bed after you take them to the pool and wear them out. Yup, I guarantee you will get silence then. *sigh*
What brings you joy? You do realize if you say me, I might jump up and down, dance, AND shout Hurray! Because if I truly was a part of your joy, this, would make me feel like I am doing something right in this blog world of mine. If you agree with any of my JOY things, let me know. I want to know what brings YOU joy too.
“This post is part of SOYJOY‘s What brings you joy contest. Learn more here.”