Monday, October 19, 2009

I've been BIT by the Baking Bug.....Take a look!

I went to Cedar City this weekend (Saturday) to help my MIL. (Yes, I happened to be in the minority because I LIKE my mother-in-law, AKA, MIL). She needed some help canning peaches and other household tasks. Well, I ended up on a Baking Spree Extragavanza! I noticed some brown bananas on my MIL'S counter. Enter Me. I made Banana Nut bread! Then she said she had some pumpkin that she wanted to make Pumpkin cheesecake with. Enter me! Here's my baker's list on Saturday:
1. Banana Bread
2. Three loaves of Butternut Squash bread. (Yes, baking with squash is delicious, YOU should try it.)
3. Pumpkin cheesecake.
Here are some pictures of my delectable goodies! (If you happened to live close to me, I probably will be giving out treats for Christmas.) :)

Banana Walnut Bread!

Butternut Squash Bread! (I gave one loaf away to a dear friend and another loaf is getting sent in a package this week to another dear friend who helped design my blog!)


Pumpkin Cheesecake(YUM!)


(It's NOT a restaurant slice of cheesecake but it IS a slice of sweet divinity! YUM, YUM! It is quite delicious!)


The bad news is that the FLU bug has attacked my dear sweet two year old with a fever! I hope she gets better soon. (Thank you Tylenol! She has a 102 grade fever.)



Hopefully she will return to her silly self later this week. She slept ALOT on Sunday.

I hope Monday brings you some sort of happiness today. I normally loathe Mondays, but I'm getting used to them. Their NOT so bad after all. (Especially when you have such yummy bread in the house to eat!)
I plan on making MONDAY more bearable by eating a slice of MY Butternut Squash bread. How do YOU plan on making your Monday more bearable? YES, reading MY blog is a good start...)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh yummmm!!!! everything looks so delicious! and i bet your house smells SO GOOD!

Kerri said...

Recipes????? : ) That pumpkin cheesecake sounds yummy! Your little girl is beautiful! I hope she is feeling better!
Stopping by from SITS
Kerri
www.sickofmg.blogspot.com

Blogs said...

Saying Hello from SITS....I Love to make things with my girls...how fun!!!

Lisa Anne said...

I so need the recipe for that pumpkin cheesecake. YUM. Cheesecake is my favorite!!

Kristina P. said...

That cheesecake looks awesome!

Teri said...

Good for you! I would love a Monday filled with sensational smells and baking! Me, today I'm looking at the flaming bush outside my office window. It, along with my diet Dr. Pepper are all that are getting me through today.... :)

Missy said...

Stopping in from SITS.


You should have posted the squash bread recipe. I have never heard of making bread from squash.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

You are quite the baker.

Bread from squash sounds interesting. Are you gonna post the recipe? I would love to try it. I have lots of squash right now and don't know what to do with it.

I hope your little one will feel better soon.

Debbie said...

Yumma! And reading your blog is a great way to face Monday :) P.S. My chili recipe is actually two. I used left over meat from a crock pot dinner and "chillied" it up. It's long, but if you still want it I'll send it to ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails