Saturday, January 24, 2009

Parent Teacher Conferences!

Parent teacher conferences were yesterday! Ugh! The school has the teachers set up in the cafetorium and you talk to your child's teachers with everybody else talking to their child's teachers. It is loud, I can't think and I really am not a fan. I emailed the principal about the way they set it up last semester and he is not going to change it. They have been doing this for 7 years and that's what the people in the community seem to want. HA! I think those people have already moved. 

Well my conference went well. My children seem to be doing well in school. One of them needs turn in some long division homework but is doing well besides that. She is reading on a 7th grade reading level would you believe?  Also the younger girl, Mags (her wonderful nickname) just recieved an A.R. medal for reading. (A.R.=advanced reader) 

My children make me happy even though the school doesn't.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Yep, exactly one of the things I didn't like about that school. Now the school we have the kids at each conference is held in the classroom, a lot nicer, and not such a headache by the time you go home. So now you should be able to get to my blog. Let me know if you can't.

Related Posts with Thumbnails