Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January may get a bad rap, and here's why---


Hey, So glad you stopped by. Thanks.

I've been reading some of your blogs lately. Many of you are not feeling so well. Everything is kinda out of whack. Some of you are sick, some of you are just dealing with a lot of painful stuff, and some of you are just dealing with what I like to call the January Blues.

You see I have a theory about January. You want to hear it?

I thought so.

We have December in all its glory. December has Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day, and LOTS of holiday fun, treats and family. December also has time off from work. December doesn't also have all those dieting resolutions to make it have a bad rap. December is glorious. We are shopping for the ones we love and doing it because we care.

And then we move onto January. January the beginning of a new year. This year was the beginning of a NEW decade even. Whoah! (I can't believe that already.) In January, people are headed back to work and the holidays are gone. We aren't shopping for one another anymore. The somewhat jovial spirit has left. January can be quite bitter for some who spent just a little too much on their credit card.
With January comes the resolutions also. There are no grand holidays in January. There's Martin Luther King Day, which, don't get me wrong, is a great holiday--but it's no Christmas.

So January gets a bad rap. It's the January blues,man. It will be over in February. 'Cause we all like February. That's the sweetheart month. (Unless you can't stand the person you are with then you like Valentine's Day.)

So my solution to the January blues? Pack your bags and take a trip to somewhere warm with lots of clear blue water. The beach also makes me happy. No money? You can also get to the warm blue skies in your mind.....

(There is another way you can be happy in January. It's called keeping Christmas in your heart all year round. The giving spirit in us should not just be at Christmas but all year round.)

P.S. Hope I'm not being too cheesy or preachy. I'm NOT trying to be. Just send me some cheese and crackers and be on your merry way. ;)))

P.P.S. See I actually write too. Not just all that vloggy stuff. Writing is AWESOME, don't ya know?

16 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

I could barely get past the picture to read what you wrote so if it was cheesey I didn't notice.

Happy January

Unknown said...

I sure hope you're right with this one! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog yesterday. I appreciate it!

Lee said...

I loved that picture...I am going there in my mind...right now...

Unknown said...

I am in Aruba in my mind....sipping pina coladas, feeling the gentle breezes...getting spritzed by a cute cabana boy...eating frozen fruit on a stick......

Together We Save said...

I am there now.... thanks for the free trip!

Cathy said...

Great post...I love the first picture! I find it helps to put a picture like that as my desktop background on the computer, too. Just look at it and get warm for a few seconds!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Yes, I know what you mean.Lots of people around me are blah, but not me. I am making the best of it and trying to keep busy. It beats moping around, but I could use a vacation right about now.

Kellene Maynard said...

Maybe that is why I am in a funk. I always say it is the gray weather in the Pacific Northwest. I am so sick of shades of gray you have NO idea! Thank goodness I have a So. Cal. trip planned soon.... back to my native land!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

i have always said christmas should be moved to early feb or late jan to get us thru the winter months

Mom Mayhem says: said...

I agree-Miss the Christmas time! But,I do my best to try to be in the Christmas spirit all year long and a nice sunny vacation would be nice-Guess I'll try to settle for the vacation in my mind ;)

Debbie said...

Thanks for the reminder to keep Christmas in our hearts. I needed that :)

Amber Page Writes said...

The January Blues. Yes, that's the ticket. Would that I could go somewhere warm...But I'll settle for sitting cozied up in front of my fireplace with all my favorite people.

Unknown said...

Good points all. I try to enjoy January for its relative peacefulness.

Anonymous said...

Excellent advice! I'm taking a vacation right...NOW!

Teri said...

Thank you for the reminders. I am so busy, I can't wait for the dang month to be over and slow down a bit!!

Matty said...

I'm all for heading to a warm and sunny place. Year round.

Related Posts with Thumbnails