Thursday, February 25, 2010

MY Soap opera *sigh*






Katrie: I can't see you anymore. I just can't.


Fred: But I love you. I can't live my life without you. You are my dream.

Katrie: Don't do this to me. It will only make this harder.

Fred: Tell me. What exactly did YOU do last night?

Katrie: (pours a glass of wine and takes a long sip) I...I...slept with your brother!

Fred: Hmph. (fixes himself a mean cocktail and finishes it before answering) That's ok. I slept with your mother last night. She came on to me and I just couldn't help it.

Katrie: Remember when we were both still in love?

Fred: (gently caresses her cheeks.) Oh YES, I do.

Katrie: (looking into Fred's eyes and then at his lips) I think I might be able to forgive you.

(Fred and Katrie lock lips into a really long kiss)

Katrie: (unbuttoning her top) Come on baby, I'll meet you upstairs.

Fred races after Katrie and here is the steamy sex scene I will not POST on this blog because this is a family friendly blog.

I think the reason we like soaps is because all the sex these people are having. Let's face it, not everyone has as much sex as these people. I mean really. And the next week they are gonna get thrown into some pit and their lover is gonna take 2 weeks to find out where they really are. *sigh*
Ahh, the life of a soapstar. They also get married like 30 or 40 times, sometimes to each other! Don't like him today? Sleep with another, get back with same guy a week later.

It doesn't work out like this in real life. Trust me.

And that's my writing prompt for this week.
Head on over to Mama Kat's writing workshop for some ideas.
Mama's Losin' It
My prompt was obviously this one if you hadn't guessed thus far. Now YOU go choose, OK?
Why do we watch them? Make fun of soap operas with a piece of writing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

lmbo good ole Erica Kane.. oooh does that age me cause I knew who she was even way back when /? I think it does eeek..

Cajoh said...

Stopping by from Mama Kat's…

Never was around enough during the day to actually "follow" the soaps, but I sometimes wonder if anybody has ever made a diagram of the plot lines of a show. I think I'd get dizzy trying to follow it.

Thanks for sharing,

Tracie Nall said...

It has been so many years since I was forced to watch soap operas with my mom...but you brought back all of the memories with this little post.

At Christmas my cousin and I were trying to explain soap operas to her daughters who have never seen one (they don't have television) and it was a hilarious conversation (partly because it was 3am) as we explained how they work and her daughters just looked at us in shock and said, "you two really watched those things?"

Related Posts with Thumbnails