Tuesday, February 2, 2010

You hit it on the head with this one!





Thanks to Unknown Mami I have a post for today. I wasn't EVER going to write about this but it is A BIG part about what I am going through lately.

Dictionary.com states the definition of worry---a worried condition or feeling; uneasiness or anxiety.

I guess you could say I am worried about quite a number of things in my life right now.

1. Employment. My hubby has been searching and searching for a job since September of last year. He is a HVAC technician. He originally got into HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) because they make good money. It turns out that HVAC jobs are highly seasonal. When the work is not there, you don't have a job anymore.

Insert my worries here. Will my husband find employment? Is he burnt out from looking? How can I show more support to him? Will I be able to save enough money to attend my one writer's conference this year?

2. My body. I am kicking myself into high gear for the next month and I am working out on my treadmill for 30 minutes a day. I have to. I want to get into shape before my birthday.
(The worry is I won't get into shape and the potato chips and sweets will win. So far so good this week--but it's only Tuesday.)


3. MY children. Am I teaching my kids right? I'm not perfect, nobody is, but I do have my share of temper tantrums like the rest of them. (Not the kicking on the floor type) I just want to have some reassurance that I am okay. I spend time with them. I tell them I love them. I feed and clothe them. That's all they really need anyway, right?

I guess those are my worries for right now.
So Mami, you are NOT alone. I worry too. I actually have been known to worry myself late at night wondering about things I don't have control over. ACK!


SOLUTIONS:


Here's how I cope with worry.

I turn my worry over to the Lord. I promise I won't make this post too much of a preachy post. But it's true. I have a relationship with the Lord. He relieves me of my burdens so that I may rest from my worry.

I'm sure you have heard of the poem "Footprints" right?
It's so true. When we think we can't go on any further, he carries us through our trials. I'll leave you with the poem.


Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson


Copyright © 1984 Mary Stevenson, from original 1936 text, All rights reserved

Please go HERE to hear refreshing ocean sounds. It is beautiful.

I'll hopefully be back to my funny self again soon.
Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Psalm 91 is perfect for worriers. AS a mom who used to suffer from anxiety disorder and decided medicine was not my way out I went to the bible for my answer. IT leapt out at me one night while I was reading. It became my mantra in the midst of overwhelming panic attacks that would wake me out of a deep sleep.

Matty said...

I sure do hope he finds work soon. The economy is no help either. Is it possible he could look for work in another field, or at least until HVAC work picks up again?

I raised three children, and they all turned out just fine. And along the way they had their moments. And I always wondered if I was doing it right. Take it from one with experience that as long you spend time with them, show them love, teach them well......they will be just fine.

And keep on keeping on with the work outs. They're good for you.

I've seen the Footprints before. It's a valuable one to remember.

Evonne said...

I hope your husband can find a job soon.

I always worry about if I'm doing a good job with my kids. I guess that's just part of being a mom.

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry about your husband being out of work. I know how hard that is. Prayin' for you both.

Unknown said...

Good points.

Worry doesn't add anything to our lives... fill up that thought time with other things!!

Be as productive as you can! :)
Prayin' that your hubby finds work!

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm sending you and your husband positive thoughts.

Thank you for sharing this post. I'm not happy that you worry, but I am honored that you shared your vulnerabilities.

Related Posts with Thumbnails