Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday. Friday....YAY! (I've got a lot on my mind.)

Image obtained through Google images!

Hey Ho! Hey Ho! (No I'm not calling you guys ho's either.) Remember that hip-hop song from the 80's or possibly 90's? Hey ho, hey ho...That's all the words I can remember. But hey, I made it to Friday. Something has got to be said for that.
  Right? I'm still here. And I have a Taco post that I should be writing (giveaway involved) but I'm not writing that today. I have a book review that I need to write but I'm gonna push that over too. I'm procrastinating. I'm sure you all have done that too. So I just wanna leave you with this song that really made me think yesterday. I may or may not have watched the movie Dare Devil. (The song is from the the movie.)




Bring Me To Life lyrics
Songwriters: Hodges, David; Lee, Amy; Moody, Ben;
How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb
Without a soul, my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home

Wake me up
(Wake me up inside)
I can't wake up
(Wake me up inside)
Save me
(Call my name and save me from the dark)

Wake me up
(Bid my blood to run)
I can't wake up
(Before I come undone)
Save me
(Save me from the nothing I've become)

Now that I know what I'm without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real
Bring me to life

Wake me up
(Wake me up inside)
I can't wake up
(Wake me up inside)
Save me
(Call my name and save me from the dark)

Wake me up
(Bid my blood to run)
I can't wake up
(Before I come undone)
Save me
(Save me from the nothing I've become)

I've been living a lie
There's nothing inside
Bring me to life

Frozen inside without your touch
Without your love, darling
Only you are the life among the dead

All this time, I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything

Without thought, without voice, without a soul
Don't let me die here
There must be something more
Bring me to life

Wake me up
(Wake me up inside)
I can't wake up
(Wake me up inside)
Save me
(Call my name and save me from the dark)

Wake me up
(Bid my blood to run)
I can't wake up
(Save me from the nothing I've become)

I've been living a lie
There's nothing inside
Bring me to life
Dare Devil accomplished so much and he was blind. Seriously, how many of us have overcome blindness? If Dare Devil can conquer his blindness and come out on top then so can I. This too shall end. My trials will BE but a small moment.  The thing that has really "brought me to life" is my writing. Not only my writing but also my blogging habits. I've met all of you. And for that I am grateful. I will be smashing a pie in my face, I haven't forgot, and I also will be making my acceptance speech. 

  I am grateful for my writing and that I can write anytime I want. I am grateful for my blog. I've been looking at other blogs and there are a LOT of people that don't stick it out with blogging. I will always stick with blogging. Blogging has allowed me to make so many friends near and far, I don't want to lose touch with anybody. Blogging gives me a writing outlet. It frees my soul.

My husband is off to Vegas this morning to apply for some jobs. Wish us luck. There are STILL a ton of jobs out there, with oh so many applicants for every job, it is kinda tough right now. BUT I am not giving up. Something will come. I will get a job, and Hubman will get a job. We will come out on top. 

And just because I'm working don't you dare think I will neglect my blog. No WAY. I will continue to update as often as I can. Because I'm like that. I am a blogging superstar. Just like all of you. ;)

Take a minute and Subscribe to me via email. It's on my sidebar. Get me in your EMAIL every time I post! Never miss a post! Cool huh?

Peace out, y'all. Have a wonderful Friday!

4 comments:

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Hip hop hooray ho!

Tracie Nall said...

I have some review posts that I have been putting off too. This week has been crazy though...next week I'm going to get caught up on everything. (I hope! lol)

You are so right...you will come out on top! You are going to make it through this time, stronger and even more amazing (if that is possible)

And you will stick it out with blogging....because otherwise I would have to hunt you down! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys find jobs asap. I think I'm going to stick with blogging (this time) only on my terms. Not so much posting. No pressure.

Have a great weekend!

Pamela Fagan Hutchins said...

Thinking good thoughts for you and the hubman. Love the song, but proud to say I never watched the movie. I'm rocking to the song, thanks to you, as I type.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails