Tuesday, October 26, 2010

PAUSE to blogging. (I'm applying to jobs.)

At least I know how to spell resume. :) Image from Google!  


If you are my Facebook friend you will already know this but I am off this morning getting my resume in order to see if I can get a CNA job. (CNA=certified nurse assistant) A nurse's right hand if you will... I haven't worked since 2007 so I let my license expire. * If the hospital would point me in the right direction on where to take my CNA test I would gladly take it again!* BUT I did work at a major hospital for 4 years so I know all the ins and outs of hospital life. I hope they hire me. Times are tough and I am just trying to make it like everyone else. Hubby is still putting in applications too. The 30 day thing might have to wait a bit. I'm kinda stressed right now getting my resume just right.
    Oh and one more thing, I want to help out my honey by getting a job but I'm having feelings of guilt for leaving my youngest....I am hoping I will get over that. After all, I am an adult and what do adults have to do most of their freaking life? WORK work work....
     I do love caring for others though. Let's hope the hospital looks twice at my resume so I don't end up working at Smith's or worst, a fast food restaurant. How many 30 year olds do you know working at your local Mickey D's?? I would take a job at a fast food restaurant IF that is the only thing I could get though.
  I am hoping it is not though. I'm just so frustrated lately. And I can see myself getting more and more depressed over this whole joblessness thing. It sucks. I try to look on the up and up, and then my reality sets in and I cry at the drop of a hat.
  I'm hanging in there. But if I could get a job it would alleviate some stress.
I'm not writing this post to gain any sympathy of anything like that. I'm just telling the truth. Letting you know that some days this here Cluttered Brain feels overwhelmed. I'm behind in everything, chores, book reviews, other posts I keep meaning to write, AND the BIGGEST, trying to send my husband job leads and trying to find myself a job.
  I just wanted to let you all know I love ya! Thanks for stopping by and things will get better. I know they will. I just wonder to myself, WHEN will they get better?
   I'm off to brush up on my resume writing skills. Because this here mama is going to get a job. I won't quit until I actually land that job! OK?

10 comments:

Mormon Surrogate: I'm not the mom I'm just the stork said...

Good luck with the job hunting. Stress sucks, you deserve a break from that. You'd be an awesome CNA! Prayers and hugs for you...

Unknown said...

OK I had all this typed out and the power went blink from the weather UGH.. I am going job hunting as well. A manager at the restaurant in our local bowling alley. That is something I KNOW Lol.. Goodluck hun you will do fine

Living the Scream said...

Good Luck with the Job Hunting! CNA's are in such demand I think you will get a job for sure!

TisforTonya said...

If you end up at Mickey D's at least make sure it's one with a talking trash can. SO much more fun that way - who knows, some crazy people might need you to take their photographs while trying to feed it...

Good luck with the job search :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job search. I know about financial problems all too well. *sigh*

Mom Mayhem says: said...

I've dusted off the ol' resume myself -I applied to 1 job I really wanted and I thought would be a good fit -already got rejected though :( -I've been thinking about applying to other jobs -I know we could use the money- I'm a little scared about joining the working world again though! Good Luck to you!

Lisa said...

I think the odds are in your favor, because recession or not, people still get hurt and sick. I wish you great luck, Alexes!

Cheeseboy said...

Well, they would be foolish not to hire you. If I had any leads, I would send them your way.

Tracie Nall said...

You are going to rock this!!

Debbie said...

Look at it THIS way...by getting a job, you're helping to support you littlest. You ARE taking care of her by helping keep a roof over her head and food on the table. (p.s. when I worked at Mc Donalds they gave you 1/2 price food for 30 minutes before and after your shift. I don't know if they still do that, but you could bring dinner home to your family after your shift) It'll all work out and be okay. Good luck with the job hunt :) *hugs*

Related Posts with Thumbnails