Thursday, April 1, 2010

A is for April Fool's<---Yo! You, April Fool, let me tell you the basics of Blogging, K?

Mama Kat , yup that is her. Just an awesome mommy blogger and writer I know, has come up with a writing prompt I like.

Without further ado, I bring you the Ten things I have learned about blogging.

1-Blogging is great. It takes some time to get used to it--when I first started blogging, I was like, "What is this stuff?" Now I am all over it. Blogging helps my creative juices flow.

2. Dinner does NOT cook itself. Neither does breakfast for that matter. Eggs can get overcooked.

3. Remember first and foremost who you are. I am a mother AND a wife first. Not a blogger. I do have little people to take care of also.

4. The kitchen floor does NOT mop itself. Must. Stop. Blogging. long enough to mop floor. (Yes, I recently mopped my floor, it is alright to post this.)

5. Comments are addicting. You cannot just have just one. You need and crave more. Always MORE.

6. Twitter helps promote my blog posts. Really. Get on Twitter. It is fun.

7.  Sometimes a late night bloggy session is in order. Just because we had to work ALL day, and clean bathrooms, vaccuum, make dinner, and all that stuff we moms do, does not mean we don't have time to blog. Caffeine perhaps? And then WRITE about your day. It is like therapy for me. It helps a TON.

8.  Kid conversations are the BEST. Also hubby conversations aren't that bad either. Blog about it. It's all good.

9. Insert pictures into your post for me. All those words tend to make my eyes blur. Random pictures of Matthew, in my opinion, make your post better.

10. Where was I? I am still stuck on Matthew's butt. Oops.
Sometimes pictures can distract from your words too. Choose your pictures wisely.

And with that, I wish you all a Happy April Fool's Day! May you NOT end up being a fool like me. ;)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

lmbo...I jumped on a different blog carnival today.. I can't blame ya I got lost in the Matt butt myself for a moment there

5 Kids With Disabilities said...

Great reasons to blog! I blog because it relaxes me. It releases my stress so I can remain sane!!!
Lindsey Petersen

Tracie Nall said...

LOL with the Matthew picture!

I had that "it's time to step away from the blogging" moment today when my six year old pointed out to me that the floor around my computer chair needed to be vacuumed....I should probably be worried that she noticed it before I did!

Mary Bernard said...

Hey, there. Like your list, too. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. ;)

Alex@LateEnough said...

I really like #3 & #4 -- I think that there is a sense of validation (see #5) which is harder to come by in the day-to-day moments of parenting.
So priorities! (and caffeine!)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Haha, that made me laugh. And I loved your "things don't take care of themselves" items, so true!
And yes, comments ARE addicting!

Matty said...

LOL, I am not affixed on Matt's butt, but I do agree that things don't get done on their own.

Lothiriel said...

Nice butt...err...

I mean, yes, yes yes!! I learned all those things as well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails