Mama Kat , yup that is her. Just an awesome mommy blogger and writer I know, has come up with a writing prompt I like.
Without further ado, I bring you the Ten things I have learned about blogging.
1-Blogging is great. It takes some time to get used to it--when I first started blogging, I was like, "What is this stuff?" Now I am all over it. Blogging helps my creative juices flow.
2. Dinner does NOT cook itself. Neither does breakfast for that matter. Eggs can get overcooked.
3. Remember first and foremost who you are. I am a mother AND a wife first. Not a blogger. I do have little people to take care of also.
4. The kitchen floor does NOT mop itself. Must. Stop. Blogging. long enough to mop floor. (Yes, I recently mopped my floor, it is alright to post this.)
5. Comments are addicting. You cannot just have just one. You need and crave more. Always MORE.
6. Twitter helps promote my blog posts. Really. Get on Twitter. It is fun.
7. Sometimes a late night bloggy session is in order. Just because we had to work ALL day, and clean bathrooms, vaccuum, make dinner, and all that stuff we moms do, does not mean we don't have time to blog. Caffeine perhaps? And then WRITE about your day. It is like therapy for me. It helps a TON.
8. Kid conversations are the BEST. Also hubby conversations aren't that bad either. Blog about it. It's all good.
9. Insert pictures into your post for me. All those words tend to make my eyes blur. Random pictures of Matthew, in my opinion, make your post better.
10. Where was I? I am still stuck on Matthew's butt. Oops.
Sometimes pictures can distract from your words too. Choose your pictures wisely.
And with that, I wish you all a Happy April Fool's Day! May you NOT end up being a fool like me. ;)