Thursday, June 3, 2010

Change in layout and a Shout-out to AJ! :)


Everyone who knows me knows I have a wee bit of trouble in HTML layout and fiddling with my blog to make it look like what I want. I can follow instructions just fine, but sometimes I get confused.

Anyhoodle, my blog layout has changed. Most of you who have been around for a while knew that my blog used to read like this, sidebar, main post, sidebar.

Now it reads from left to right, then two sidebars. WA-LA! Almost like magic!

Not really. My wonderful friend, AJ, re-designed my layout for me. Basically she made it read from left to right like I wanted. She also added a few buttons to the top to make it more user friendly.  You see, HTML scares me sometimes. And sweet AJ, helped me out.

Well, this gal has been studying computers, design, html, and layout for a lot of years. She has launched a website to HELP others, like myself, to enhance their blog's appearance. Even if you know a thing or two about html, she can give you tips. AJ is awesome.

I know you are wondering where this blog is.

Because the link above just links back to her own blog.

I'm sneaky that way.

Simple Sweet Design is an awesome site for people of all ages and levels. If you want to give your site a facelift, she can do it for you! AND it is affordable!! (I love blog designers who have reasonable prices!)

I hope you will check it out! Just her design website is a beautiful blue! (Just like the button I posted.)

Thank you, AJ! I really appreciate all you did to help me.

MY gal pal and bloggy friend, Momnerd designed my header and button. Yes, I still don't know how to make a button yet for my blog. I will learn someday, I hope.



10 comments:

TisforTonya said...

I tried making a button yesterday... actually MADE one, but don't know how to go about coding it for other people to use... ah... maybe someday I will learn???

Krista said...

I'm going to school right now to learn all that. At the rate I'm going I should just pay someone to "makeover my blog." Crazy! I'm an artist, so it's hard to get someone else to do something that I'll eventually know how to do! Ha!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I am so impressed. I have loved your buttons at the top of your blog since I laid eyes on them. I want some!
I like that organization.

You are brave to even play with HTMLs. I'm afraid I'll get burned by them!

Wendy said...

Your friend did a great job!! It looks nice!!

Lisa said...

I prefer to sew my buttons~onto shirts and such. And this post was worth reading just for the "ANYHOODLE." Hahahahaha!!!

Unknown said...

Awww...html's not so bad once you get to know it. (haha) It's a little confusing at first...but once you learn it you're like..."duh". ;-) (At least I was). She did a good job--looks really nice!!

Braden Bell said...

Wow!!! Love your layout. Nice job!

Unknown said...

:) Thank you Alexes! You are a super sweet lady and friend!!

Debbie said...

It's good to change it up every now and then :) As for buttons, I made one, but can't get it to embed into other peoples blogs, so it just sits in my IPhoto pics. Ah well....

See Mom Smile said...

I am HTML illiterate. When there are so many folks that know it and are willing to just do it for you. Why try? I'm a lover not a fighter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails