Friday, May 21, 2010

When life hands you lemons...

Two lemons, one whole and one sliced in halfImage via Wikipedia

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Wow. There is a TON of stuff going on in the lives of bloggers today.

People are suffering from Lyme Disease, loss of a loved one, cancer, a child with cancer...AND probably much much more that I am unaware of today.

Let me fill you in on what I do know.

A couple of weeks ago I came across a friend's story. You see, she experienced an awful, awful time in her life. She was diagnosed with LYME disease a couple of years ago. Just because she was recently diagnosed does not mean she did not suffer from the symptoms BEFORE though.

She did.

She very beautifully told us her story here.

I am in awe of all those suffering from the symptoms of Lyme Disease this year alone.

I am also in awe those in fighting from cancer, depression and the loss of someone you love.

It is hard when we are faced with any of these things but especially hard when one of our children is facing one of these issues.

**I'm sure you have heard today from many bloggers that today is Mission Monkey day today.  If you haven't heard about Monkey, her button is on my sidebar. Please think of her today, as she was diagnosed with a neuroblastoma (Stage 1).  Her family needs help with some medical bills. Keep her in your prayers today.**

**And I personally do not know Daffy, from Batcrap Crazy, but she also needs your prayers today, her sister lost a battle with cancer I believe.**

I started off this post by saying, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Well let me explain.

We all do not want any of these awful things to happen in our life. They are all truly awful.
But sometimes the lemons come for a reason. Like maybe we need the extra hug of a friend, or the notice of a blogger we might not have met unless we battled a loss, cancer, lyme disease, or whatever you are facing.

The lemonade we might get might come in the form of a hug, or comfort from above, or a phone call from afar.

God is aware of his children and He is never far away.

Let's turn to him in our time of need. He loves us and is always aware of what we are struggling with.

God bless us all today in ALL our daily struggles today.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

9 comments:

Living the Scream said...

that is so true. So very important to think about all those who need our prayers :)

Cheeseboy said...

Beautifully put and true. Lyme disease sounds awful.

Unknown said...

Life is certainly filled with pain. Good thoughts!

Unknown said...

When you are diagnosed with cancer, go buy another VW bus, works for me anyway.
love,
Dad

Ruth said...

Wow! You have a lot of followers!

Kara said...

Wonderful post. Thanks for sharing my story. :-) {{HUGS}} ~Kara

Matty said...

Yes, I've been reading about all of these. It's just awful, and I've shared my well wishes with them.

I like the approach. Make lemonade.

Tami G said...

Amen girl - AMEN!
i said basically the same thing in my blog today....
Pray Pray and Pray...
Times get tough - but God always has a plan :)

Tylaine said...

That was a beautiful post.
It's hard for us to understand why things happen but I know God does. It's sure a struggle though and my heart goes out to those suffering.
Thanks for sharing Kara's story. It was amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails