Friday, September 17, 2010

High School-Re-visited, and WHY can't you like the "nice" girl?

Image obtained through Google Images.
I was listening to a song the other day and started questioning "Why?"  I'll tell you the song in a minute, but why is high school so cruel? Boys like "certain" girls because they are popular and the cute nice ones, like me are always in the sidelines. It's always gonna be like that. The nice ones always get squished by the bi@#h 's of the world. Why is that?
Maybe being a witch is worth it to some people. I have always been the nice girl. I can totally relate to Taylor Swift's song "You belong with Me"(Yes, I admit, I listen to Taylor Swift. She sings good song.)
Summary of song: Boy lives next door to cute "nice" girl.
Girl likes boy next door.
Boy is dating the "head cheerleader" type, the one that everyone wants to date.
Boy secretly wants to date the nice girl.
Why doesn't he? Because it's high school. And there are certain rules in high school.
I say, "Screw the rules." Like who you want in high school. Let people talk. Be yourself.
Because in the end, that is all that is gonna matter. :)

12 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

Cant do too much T Swizzle.. but I get your point. I was a nice girl too.. sucked

Pitterle Postings said...

Yep, I can totally relate. I was a loner in high school. Didn't have too many friends. Didn't really date much. It was so hard!! It is a time in my life that I am so happy not to revisit!!

Cheeseboy said...

Hey, this is almost EXACTLY like my life in high school except that I was a loser, not dating a cheerleader and the cute girl next door wanted nothing to do with me.

TisforTonya said...

hmmm... I think I was the nice girl in school (okay, so maybe this one boy Brent would disagree... but let's face it, you just can't be nice to EVERYONE) and I did have friends. Not LOADS of friends perhaps... but I didn't want to be friends with the biotches anymore than they wanted to hang out with me :)

Debbie said...

Well that's what make high school reunions so much fun! Its fun to see those boys balding and having a big belly. And most of those girls got fat. Neener, neener.

Q said...

I get this. I was never popular amongst the ladies in school because I was the chubby guy with no style. Once I left college, moved out into my own house and held a steady job, those same women who used to ignore me wanted to get with me. Maybe because they'd graduated to the point of their lives where security was more important than abs.

I think everyone goes through that phase. I don't dislike anyone for passing me up in high school simply because I wasn't eye candy. If anything, it's helped me be more well-rounded and motivated in life.

Now, those same women who are single moms with three kids in an apartment drive by my house on three acres and wonder what could've been?

It's just part of life's lessons.

Tracie Nall said...

I've been singing this song to myself ever since you put it on my facebook. Seriously. I never knew I would like Taylor Swift, but I think it has happened.

I agree with you about high school....everyone would be happier if they learned that those rules don't exist in the real world and moved on with their lives!

The Mommyologist said...

Very well said! I remember those days from high school too. I was always the "friend" and the guys never liked me. I wish I wouldn't have spent so much time worrying about it back then though...because it all turned out ok!

Unknown said...

What brilliant advice. It always makes me sad when people just like the pretty and popular people! Regular people are fun and wonderful too! : )

Mormon Surrogate: I'm not the mom I'm just the stork said...

I agree. What's wrong with dating a nice girl?
*sigh*

Nancy C said...

Every day I THANK GOD that high school is behind me.

Beth Zimmerman said...

SO glad I don't have to do that (High School) ever again! And I personally think that the whole dating/socialization thing that our society has embraced is ridiculous! Especially when little kids in primary grades are *dating*! It's little more than practice for, at best, serial monogamy! Fall in *love.* Get married. Fall out. Get divorced. Repeat. Ad infinitum!

Everyone would be better off if we could learn to be friends and to love ourselves and expect respect before we mix "love" into it!

Hopping off my soapbox now...

Related Posts with Thumbnails