Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A post I'm proud of.

I'm suppose to RE-Upload a post from the past that I am proud of. (Because mainly I am participating in the Back2Blogging event with the SITS girls...But instead of that today I am going to talk about someone I am proud of today. Someone who makes me laugh. Someone who makes me smile. Someone I am in love with.
And NO...It's not Matthew M.
It's my husband. My sweet husband left last night to take a job in Salt Lake City UT for 2 weeks. (At least that the company promised him thus far. Stupid economy and all, they might NOT have work after that.) So he took the ONLY car that is working and he drove practically all night to UT. We live about 5-6 hours from Salt Lake City UT.
He is going to work construction. After searching and searching EVERYWHERE, getting jobs here and there, a company called him back the other day and asked if he could work for them for the next couple of weeks. (They'd offer more if they knew the work would be coming in after 2 weeks, just not quite sure.)
So he is off. That leaves me to get rides to church, to school functions (hopefully there aren't many) And trips to the grocery store to get milk.
I will rely on my friendliness and charm to get rides...:) No one can turn me down right? ;) LOL.
No really, I know some ladies that probably could help me out. Whew.
But I am proud of my husband for taking this job even though it means being without US for at least two weeks, maybe more. He's a good man. I love him. I'm glad I married him. So instead of re-uploading a post I am proud of, I am proud of my husband today for working hard for the money.
I love you babe! :) Muah! I know the following video is SHE works hard for the money but in my mind...It is HE....:) K? Thanks! (The song that is in my head today.) I work hard for my money too...*sigh*
Disclaimer: This post has been written in an attempt to win an Electrolux washer and dryer from these fabulous sponsors, Standards of Excellence, Westar, AND FLA builder appliances.

8 comments:

The Blogging Goddess said...

I think that is awesome that he is doing that for you and the kids. He is a keeper!

Anonymous said...

I agree with The Blogging Goddess! I'd give you a ride if I lived closer....

BNM said...

awww I hope everything works out and he gets the job :)

Holly said...

So if this job becomes a more permanent position, does that mean YOU'd be coming NORTH with him?? ;D

Unknown said...

Aww hun Gene used to work construction out of town too. so I know how hard it can be.. We can skype lol.. ya got me babe

Debbie said...

I hope it all works out for you soon. It's nice to be able to have friends who will take you around town. This too shall pass. Love you :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm glad he got a chance to work but sorry it took him away from you! If I was close enough I would DEFINITELY help you out although it would be a trick to get everyone in my S-10 Pickup! Guess you're going to have to rely on that charm after all!

Tracie Nall said...

I just love you!!

Praying!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails