Monday, March 8, 2010

Spotlight Blogger--Singedwingedangel

 
 


 Here is goes. I've been around bloggy land for a little while and I have met some fabulous people. And I figured I would spotlight my favorites ones each week. The first one I would like to spotlight was my 100th follower--Angel. She is most certainly that, an angel. She is funny, she sings, she comments on your blogs, she even recently has taken up vlogging--YAHOO!

So without further ado, here's the interview (email interview I conducted with her) I'm too poor to fly out and see her. I wish.  I'll make my questions that I asked her in purple so you don't get confused. Then I'll link up some of my favorite posts that I have loved of Angel's. K?

Let's get this party started.


WOO-HOO!

 1. Why did you get into blogging?

  I started blogging after I found a spot called Cafemom and they had journals, but I wanted to reach more people then just my little group there. I have never been a cliquey person. I pretty much like anyone UNTIL you give me a reason not to. I was also getting a lot of things going through my head and found that blogging gave me the ability to write it down and get it out there.

If you go back to my archives you might find somethings of interest to you. I am an overcomer of childhood sexual abuse and coming from where I have come from I know I often thought I wish there was someone who could have told me all this. So I guess that is truly why I started. I know it is a silent problem and I decided to kind of be the generational chain breaker and the silence breaker for my family and generation.IT just kind of grew from there. I know way too serious huh lol.

2. Tell us a little about yourself. What are your interests, besides blogging of course?
   I love to sing, mainly country and gospel.. and Lee is asking me to sing Reba on my next vlog eeeekkkk.. I'll link that up below if you haven't heard it. She has a beautiful voice!

 the things I do for her lol. I would love to being quilting if I ever had a free moment lol. I also care for my mom who lives behind us and has been facing several health issues. I am an advocate for children with silent disabilities like my oldest son who is bipolar. I love to write and take pictures which of course drives my kids crazy lol. Spending time with the hubby and long hot bubble baths with bubbles up to my eyeballs lol..
3. Favorite book?

Umm the Bible first and foremost.. but then I would have to say nearly anything by TD Jakes or Paula White.. IF you don't know who either is look em up and GETREADY GETREADY GET READY lol..
 4. What type of music do you listen to?
 gospel, country some pop LOVE Kirk Franklin, Donnie Mcclurkin, Vestal Goodman, Mark Lowry, David Crowder Band, Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, REba, Loretta Lynn, um why don't I just say eclectic lol except for screamo THAT drives me batty Yup, I'd say she was a country fan folks. That's cool. I like country too.

5. Why comment? (Yes, yes I know, I just joined CCWA too--It's official now, I'm an addict.) But why do you comment? And what make you comment on people's blogs?


OH see I very rarely DON'T comment on a blog, unless it is just somethign that I cannot deal with which isn't very often. I comment because I know it was not too long ago when I had NO readers. I would pour my heart out and get nothing in response and that is the worst feeling in the world. I don't want anyone to feel that way..  Yup me too. But lately I have had to be a little more discrimatory--commenting is hard work lol. :)

6. Favorite movie?
Oh do I have to pick one?? Anything by Tyler Perry although I prefer the actual PLAYS, AS Good as it gets, Pay It Forward, Twister are you noticing the Helen Hunt theme here lol.. I loved the movie Sybil and got to watch the remake last night, which was cut way back from the original and was ok but not as good as when Sally Field played th role. I just found it so fascinating.. and intriguing and at some point relatable since she suffered sexual abuse as a child as well.
7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?

OH see I am an animal lover that means all of them, I have 3 dogs, 3 cats ( 2 out 1 in) and a rabbit, I have also owned2 ferrets, at one point nearly 300 mice counting mama's daddy's and babies of various stages, green anole, gecko, fire bellied salamanders and yellow bellied frogs.. I have 2 cats as well. I love animals. :)

8. Favorite blogger of ALL time, besides me of course....:)?


Oh see that is a tough one cause I like so many for so many different reasons. Pretty much if I have you on my blog roll I like ya I am not one who tends to follow just to give you numbers.. I have to actually LIKE you and what you write about.. See why I like her? This girl is genuine!

9. What made you get into all this video blogging stuff? Have you enjoyed it thus far?

. OH watching you on vlog and Jen at my fabulous life with the crazies, but the absolute deal cincher was Lee and Erin from The mother Load and Headaches hormones and hotflashes and their joint vlog now THAT was so funny I was laughing till I nearly cried..
10. Final Question: Are you also a Twitter addict like me?
(twitter can be almost as addicting as commenting.) It is exhausting my day....


Hmm not so much into twitter lol I sometimes forget I have it.. I am in one of my frustrated with all the social sites which is another reason I have slowed down on blogging. I mean the carnivals are great but I would like to get to normal blogging and only carnival if I have nothing better to do if that makes sense..

There ya have it folks. Angel is a wonderful blogger with a sweet voice. Just listen. Well, click on the link and then listen.


CLICK HERE to HEAR ANGEL SING!  MOST favorite post--Angel is a wonderful singer!


3 comments:

Lydia said...

I followed the link to hear Angel sing. Loved it! And I checked out her Monday mingle. She is a delight! Thanks for showcasing this wonderful woman.

Unknown said...

AWw ty Lydia and Ty alexes for inviting me over.. I didn't leave the place too messy did I?? Did I clean up my cookie crumbs and put my coffee cup in the sink?? OK whew... I feel better now, can't be a bad houseguest..

Unknown said...

How great! I like this idea! I will probably never do it... because I am a bum, but I love the idea! :)

Nice to meet you Angel!

Related Posts with Thumbnails