Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Blogging, It's a Way of Life.

And no I am NOT insinuating you are all monkeys...LOL. 
Blogging.
We all do it for one reason or another. We either want a release from the insanity of our life (kids, vomit, picky-eaters, toilet floods...) OR we blog because we love to write. We might even love the instant connection we have with others. I think most people blog to escape reality. I mean really, when we are being HONEST with ourselves, blogging is a way out of the daily drudgery sometimes.

I like my life. Honest. There a few things I'd change. But for the most part I'm happy with the life I am leading now. I am happy with the road my blog has taken. If you would have told me a year ago that I might get 100 comments on a single post, I probably wouldn't have believed you. *Okay, so the post was a giveaway post with multiple entries...LOL. Hey, it still counts, Right?*

Anyblogpost, I blog to get my writing exposed. I blog to connect with other women and men. (Yes, I know there a few men out there that read my blog...I know you are out there.) I'd like to get noticed one day by NBC or ABC but if I never appear on Good Morning America because of my blog OR the Today Show, I'll be all right. I have made some excellent friends through blogging.  Friends that I may not have ever known if I didn't give blogging a chance. I'm glad I did.

Blogging is a release of stress in my brain. When I click publish on any given post, all my insides feel tingly. When I get a comment on any given post, I get tingly some more. My adrenalin sores. The connection is there right away. People like me for the most part. They WANT to hear what I am going to say.

I've made some mistakes in blogging before. I've commented so many times my fingers hurt. I've tried to make a name for myself.  I've followed AND unfollowed people. But overall, I can honestly say I've never blatantly been hateful or spiteful on anyone's blog. That's just wrong. If you don't like a particular person in the blog world, just click off their page. Don't visit them anymore. Nobody likes mean people. People want to be loved and accepted everywhere including blogland.

I've been bullied before in middle school. I was so afraid of one of my former friends I hid from her in school for three weeks. Why was I hiding from her? Because she said she was gonna kick my butt if I dated a certain guy she liked. I couldn't help it. HE liked me. HE called me. HE initiated the whole liking thing.

Bullies are no fun. MY daughter is in middle school now. If ANYONE ever tells my daughter they are gonna kick her butt or beat her up,  you can bet anything, I'll be up to the school faster then you can say, "Free money!" Bullying has got to stop in the REAL world. It's crap. Life is hard enough as it is without throwing bullies into the picture.

We should all be able to get along and play nice.

Isn't that what kindergarten taught us?

Who has read Robert Fulgrum's All I really learned I learned in kindergarten? I have.
 
Here are a few of my favorite quotes from Robert Fulgrum:

  • All I really need to know... I learned in kindergarten. 


  • And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out into the world it is best to hold hands and stick together.  

  • Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some. 
 

  • Clean up your own mess. 


  • Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you. 


  • I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death. 
I've enlarged my favorite quote. Because it is so true. It is a rough world out there. We have to hold hands and stick together.  We never know who might need an extra hug or someone to hold on to when the going gets rough.

Thank YOU for hanging with me each and every day I post something.

I won't let you down.

I've got your back.

:)
Enhanced by Zemanta

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I couldn't have said it better myself.. This was beautiful..

Missy said...

I ♥ this post!!...Oh and I ♥ u 2, lady!! (=

Lee said...

This was an excellent post and I could not have said it better myself. Love you!

TisforTonya said...

I'm still hiding from R. Fulgrum... I'm afraid he's going to kick my butt for what I did to his wonderful quotes on my blog a few years ago.
(hmmm... should I link it... 'meh... if you're REALLY curious go back to August or September of '08 - or even better, make it October 15th '08... I'd forgotten how the "event" ruined my anniversary that year...)

awesome post by the way :)

TisforTonya said...

oh fine.

http://moreinfothanyouwanted.blogspot.com/2008/10/making-light-of-stressful-situation.html

haha, that will make it easier... and trust me... this is NOT a braggedy ann post - this is one of those things that almost didn't see the light of day because I was DYING of Embarrassment at the time!

Tracie said...

This was a beautiful post, Alexis! I'm sorry to hear that you were bullied years ago. Nobody deserves that - especially not a sweet person like you.

Matty said...

You pretty much sum things up well. Everyone has their own reasons for blogging, and everyone has their own style for doing it. I think there are so many advantages to blogging that far outweigh any negatives. As for bullying, it was part of life in my day. I had an invisible target on me as a kid. Bullies seemed to zero in on me. It took me a long time to learn to stand up for myself.
Keep on blogging......

Pitterle Postings said...

I agree with you 100%. We do need to play nice. Mother Theresa once said that if you judge someone, you have no time to love them. I have always liked those words and tried to live by them.

Kat's Purrfect Boutique said...

I read that book and my daughter is also in Middle School (starts 7th grade soon). I used to teach 2nd grade and bullying starts much earlier now. I hate bullies and the reality is that bullies are often afraid of their own shadow. My daughter was bullied by her bff (so much for that!!) and she even started to post stuff on facebook. I called her dad and said your daughter is cyberbullying mine. It is sad because the girls have been bff's since they were 3 and 4 and now they are 12 and 13. A lot of girls are too catty. Like they say, it's a jungle out there!!

Tracie Nall said...

Reaching out for your hand and sticking together!

You are stuck with me now....but don't worry, I only play nice ;-)

Love you!

Beautiful post....it speaks my heart!

Jenny Brown said...

I enjoyed this post! You're a pretty smart cookie! Sending Hugs!
:):)

Related Posts with Thumbnails