Friday, August 27, 2010

I might have the blues.

Image obtained through Google Images. :)

Well, folks, I might have the blues. And NOT because school is starting up again soon. *sigh* Nah, that fact makes me ever so happy. :) I debated back and forth on whether mentioning this fact on my blog before because I don't want you all to feel bad for me but on the other hand, I need some support right now.

I feel like I'm hanging by a thread most days.

So here's the news. My husband has been looking for some full-time employment for a while.

He actually made some pretty good money in July. BUT it was temporary work. Jobs go away when the work goes away. My husband has worked with the Census, done yard work, and some HVAC work on the side to make ends meet.

He is a hard worker.

Really. Honest.

I'm just not sure how long I can take this *no money* thing.

*sigh* Two days ago I had it. I didn't want to eat, I fed my girls snacks and such when they were hungry but I didn't prepare much. I didn't receive much in my email because I didn't blog OR even comment on other blogs. I realized later I must have been depressed.

Things will pick up I know. They usually do. My husband has sent in his resume to several companies so far and we'll be okay. Somehow.

The thing is, most of the jobs are NOT here. They are up north. My husband has tried finding jobs here. (He actually has one application in. The hotels here in town have some positions open.)

But mainly, the good-paying ones are further north.

I don't want to move.

But I want to support my husband.

And I want money. I want to be able to buy my 11 year old some clothes for Back to School without worrying how the electric is going to get paid this month. (Grandma bought some clothes for her. She won't be going to school naked. It's okay. LOL. Thanks for your concern.)

Do you want to know how I make each day?

The Lord. I rely on the Lord to get me through each day.

I am so grateful for prayer and the strength I get when I pray.

I also rely on the friends I have made along the way. Through blogging and twitter.

Thanks. I think we are going to make it.

-- Official End of post--

P.S. I'm still here though. I'm just not "feeling" it some days. I want this all to go away very soon. 

P.P.S. I'm still writing at Helium.  And I submitted some of my writing to the local paper. 

P.P.P.S. I even applied for a job up North--(Utah) for a Publishing Coordinator position. It is a publishing company that is looking for somebody to help market their new authors and such. I could totally do that. And the best part about that is the hours are flexible and part-time. I can still be a mom too. Because as frustrating and hectic as it is most days, I wouldn't trade my motherhood days for anything.

So that's the news.
Next time I blog I'll be funny okay.
I might even vlog.
But I had to spit my "feelings" out today.
Thanks for listening.

And as always, I love you guys! I still think I have the BEST blog followers around!

Stay tuned for some GOOD news soon! It is right around the corner, I can smell it already.

(Good news might smell like chocolate. It also might smell like money too. Mmm. That's what I am talking about, Right?)
Enhanced by Zemanta

17 comments:

Linda said...

((Hugs)) Things are bad for a lot of people right now. We are BROKE around here too. It seems like everytime we think we have some extra money SOMETHING ELSE happens. ARGH!

Unknown said...

Aww sweetie I totally get this.. I could have just sat down and cried today seriously wanna cry with me. Mom says it is cleansing for the soul.. I am thinking I might agree.. huge hugs to you..

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Ahhhhh Alexes!!!! I {heart} you!
Thanks for being honest. It seems like nothing gets you down. Good to know you are human.
I thought I was the only one who felt overwhelmed.

Cluttered Brain said...

Yeah, I'm still so human.
And I hurt too.
But I am going to hang in there.
Because I'm not a quitter.
Not yet anyway.

Love you guys!
:)

Tracie Nall said...

I.LOVE.YOU!

Totally totally get this. Praying for you and your husband (that publishing company job sounds like so much fun!!!)

You will make it through. Even on those days when it doesn't seem like it.

Yay for grandmas who help. My mom is one of those and there have been times when we literally wouldn't have made it without her help.

Lisa said...

Ooor chocolate covered money~eh? Huh? How about that? I wish I had some to send. Good luck waiting...its that endurance and patience that is so darn difficult.

TisforTonya said...

you can't always be funny girl - sorry that this is coinciding with my own little blog avoidance... really, I should be a better friend since I made twitter bff status!!!

here's a funny - when someone says "smells like money" I usually think of Cow Poo Stench since a coworker ALWAYS said that (and ALWAYS forgot that she told us the story about her grandfather and his cows the last time... and the time before...) So I'd vote for it to smell like chocolate... or maybe sugar cookies? Oh wait... gingerbread!

Ruth said...

I think of you daily. I wish I could help you more in your struggles. I pray for you daily as well. Heavenly Father hears my prayers of this much I know. I hope things look up for you. Call me, if you ever want to talk.

Pitterle Postings said...

I am so sorry that life is tough! My husband was out of work for three years. Luckily, I have a job. He got to be a stay at home dad and finally found work last year. Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers, just sometimes not in the time and way that we would like them answered. Sometimes it is the waiting that teaches us the most about the blessings.

Living the Scream said...

It's good to share! I hope things get better soon!!!

Shauna said...

Love and Hugs to you woman!
♥♥XX♥♥XX

I will for sure keep your sweet family in my prayers!

Cheeseboy said...

I have a feeling that good things are right around the corner. Your husband is going to find a job that pays 6 figures, just wait.

The Mommyologist said...

I will keep you guys in my prayers! That is so scary when you don't know what is going to happen, etc. Giving it over to God usually works though...just hang in there!!

MommyLisa said...

I know how you feel - and now that I am done with school I need to find another $360 a month to pay back my student loans. Silly me I thought actually finishing my degree would help me.

Jenny Brown said...

Hang in there, girlfriend...and know that you're not alone. Stay strong and remember that God doesn't give you more than he knows you can handle!

Thanks for sharing....it gives us all an idea where you're coming from some times.........I'm sending hugs and wishing you well!

Jules said...

You hang in there girl. The Lord will bring you through. I've been unemployed for over a year now. Money, what's money?

Put some music on, dance around until the happy's hit you and then dance some more. Music always helps me.

If there is anything I can do please drop me a line. (Hugs)

Sorry I've been away had family issues.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

I think some good things are headed your way too - for sure. I am sorry you are so down and out, but they will get better. They have to right?

I love chocolate too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails